ACLC Learners often do extraordinary things and have newsworthy accomplishments.
Visit this news feed often for updates or subscribe to the RSS feed or Alerts below.
ACLC Learners Win Big at Alameda County Science and Engineering Fair
March 11, 2013
Each year ACLC learners participate in a comprehensive science or engineering project that that takes months of research, experimentation, and analysis. This year more than 200 learners in 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Science, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Leadership, and Biology classes presented their projects in a preliminary round to a panel of judges from UC Berkeley. Learners with the top projects were invited to participate in the Alameda County Science and Engineering Fair on March 8th & 9th, 2013. ACSEF is affiliated with the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF), the world's largest pre-college celebration of high school science competition and the California State Science Fair (CSSF), which is California's most elite science competition for middle and high school student projects.
We are very proud to announce that many of our learners won special awards and continued ACLC's strong tradition of scientific excellence! Congratulations to all!
- Sophia Moore—1st place in Biological Sciences and 2nd Runner up to Grand Champion
- Joshua Morgan—1st place Engineering
- Cailean Demmon—2nd place
- Zachary Engberg—4th place
- Angela Kim—A special Award From the Department of Health
- Aidan Chin—4th place
- Jessica Wu—3rd place
- Michelle Cossette—A special award from the Water Board
- Patrick Melendez—2nd place in Environmental Science
- Adam Orla-Bukowski—4th place Physical Science
- Catherine Norboe---4th place
- Eli Solomon—2nd place Physical Science
- Camilla Guiza-Chavez—1st place from the Water Board and 4th place in Botany
- Rudi Skowronski—3rd place
- Francisco Bautista—4th place
- Mary Jane Howland—1st place
- Bethany Kharrazi—4th place
- Molly Howland—Animal Science Special Award and 3rd place
- Kimberley Carter—3rd place
- Luca van der Meer--Vacuum society Special Award
- Michael MacLeod--2nd place