Careers at CLCS
CLCS is a non-profit organization founded to support and manage two of the Bay Area's most innovative and respected public charter schools, both located in Alameda, CA.
Community Learning Center Schools are different. More than schools, we are progressive learning communities that place the learner at the center of a democratic and project-based educational process. We go beyond state standards and curriculum with the goal of creating critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
This means that the people we hire must be different, too. More than employees, they must be collaborative inspirers and creative doers dedicated to equity in their educational practice.
CLCS manages hiring for ACLC and Nea. If you are motivated to be a part of our educational communities, please find our current job listings at edjoin.org/clcs.
To learn more about our schools, please visit their websites:
Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Staff are contracted under a Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiated between CLCS and Nea Alameda United (NAU)
California State Retirement Benefits
- ACLC and Nea Schools are members of the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS) and the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
Health Insurance Benefits
- CLCS offers a selection of health insurance options
- Employee Medical: CLCS contribution equal to 90% of Kaiser Gold Plan
- Dependents' Medical: CLCS contribution equal to 50% of Kaiser Gold Plan
- Employee Dental: CLCS contribution equal to 60% of DeltaCare HMO Gold Plan
- Employee Vision: VSP offered as an employee paid plan
- Employee Chiropractic: Chiropractic offered as an employee paid plan
Long Term Disability Plan
- Provided for each employee
Employee Assistance Plan
- Mental health, legal and financial support provided
- Ten days of sick leave annually
- Professional development is provided each year