Who We Are & What We Do
We are collaborative team of facilitators, parents, and learners that are interested making Nea an environmental leader among schools. We meet on a monthly-basis before the PTSA meeting to discuss successes, brainstorm events or initiatives, and plan innovative ways to make Nea greener.
What We've Done
As a result of the Green Team's vision and direct action, we have:
- Implemented food scrap composting across all of the classrooms and campus
- Brought a variety of innovative and inspiring assemblies and field trips to enhance learning about environmental issues
- Orchestrated annual "Green Carnivals" to celebrate Earth Day and raise awareness while having fun
- Secured a variety of grants to purchase waste-diversion supplies, gardening materials, and reusable dishware
- Built garden beds at both campuses
- Hosted monthly "walk and roll to school" and "zero-waste lunch" day on the first Wednesday of each month
- And much more!
How to Get Involved
Contact Heather Dutton (UV Math Facilitator) at firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions on how you can pitch in, or look for emails announcing the next Green Team meeting time.