Woforo dua pa a, na yepia wo"
"When you work for a good cause, you will get support"
Woforos are parent volunteers (or "room parents") who act as helpers to support our facilitators. For the Lower Village, we pair at least one Woforo helper with each LV classroom. For the Upper Village, we pair at least one Woforo helper with each UV facilitator.
What Does a Woforo Helper Do?
Woforo helpers will harness the energy of parents from each LV class to:
- collect contact information for our directory
- make sure emergency cards are collected for each learner
- help organize field trip logistics
- level classroom libraries (training provided)
- help with small groups for electives (LV)
- coordinate volunteers for Ms. Susie's art class (LV)
- coordinate volunteers to help with clerical tasks (photocopying, cutting, prepping, etc.)
- other helpful tasks as requested by the facilitator
Can YOU Volunteer as a Woforo Helper?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or indicate your interest on your PTSA Membership form.