“All children should be taught to unconditionally accept, approve, admire, appreciate, forgive, trust, and ultimately, love their own person."
—Asa Don Brown
Nea Upper Village Counseling Site
Counseling is still available while school is closed due to COVID-19
Nea’s school counselors operate from a solution-focused approach to have learners working towards solutions for their academic, social/emotional, and career needs. To support our learners, we are offering virtual services through Zoom on Nea-issued computers and scheduled via our booking website.
How to meet with a counselor:
Meet w/Ms. Dez or Mr. Cam via Zoom video or audio chat following these steps:
1. Email Ms. Dez or Mr. Cam a digitally signed or scanned Parent/Guardian Virtual Counseling Consent form or a Parent/Guardian can email written consent to Ms. Dez or Mr. Cam.
2. Book an appointment
3. Receive a Google Calendar Invite to join a Zoom virtual meeting that is encrypted and password protected.
4. At your appointment time, open the invite & click to join the Zoom meeting. You can also call the number provided and use the details if you prefer to talk on the phone.
Note: Using headphones reduces echo & can improve confidentiality.
Scope of Services
The scope of school counseling is not intended to replace clinical counseling or therapy. Group counseling is unavailable until sites re-open. Meetings will occur once a week and will cover topics specific to the needs of the learners, enabling them to work on issues pertaining to academic and social development, emotional well-being, and positive interactions with peers. If a learner is on an IEP, our counseling will focus on making progress towards their IEP Counseling Goals.
We look forward to continuing to support you during this time. We understand that this is stressful and are here to help. Please look through the resources here and on the Community Resources page.
- Establishing a Routine with Online Learning
- Staying Safe Online
- Struggling in a Specific Subject?
- Staying on Track for College
- COVID-19 Resources (also available below this section)
- College & College Admission Testing Responses to COVID-19 (including UC & CSU recent changes to their admissions)
- College & Career Exploration
Coping with Stress During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
National Association of School Psychologists
Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
The College Board
Updates on SAT testing and other college admissions issues
Update on ACT testing dates
Child Mind Institute
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
Alameda County Public Health Department
Manage Anxiety & Stress
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Description: information regarding COVID-19, how it spreads, best practices on how to protect yourself, family, and home, and general information on how to manage stress and anxiety relating to the outbreak.
Nea Counselors will work to support learners by providing meetings as needed, emails and updating the Nea Counseling website regularly. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Dez for Upper Village learners or Mr. Cam.
Dezaree (Ms. Dez) Doroliat, M.A., PPS
Upper Village (6-12) School Counselor
Cameron (Mr. Cam) Kauzer,
Lower Village (K-5) School Counselor