Nea’s school counselors will operate from a solution-focused approach to have learners working towards solutions for their academic, social/emotional, and career needs.
Nea’s school counselors will strive to provide a comprehensive program to support students of diverse backgrounds reach their fullest potential as well-rounded individuals and lifelong learners.
- Nea’s school counselors will deliver comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program in alignment with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model.
Direct Student Services – 80% of time spent will be in direct service
- School Counseling Core Curriculum
K-5 – Align social/emotional guidance lessons with Nea’s principle of the month
6-8 – Guidance lessons to prepare for college-bound academics
9-12 – Guidance lessons to connect academics to careers
- 504 Accommodation Plan management/ IEP Counseling Caseload
- Coordinate with College Advisor to host College Info Nights, Mission Admission Application Assistance
- Coordination of Intervention Team from Nea’s Multi-tiered Multi-dimensional Systems of Support
- Responsive Services to meet individual needs
- Individual counseling (crisis management, conflict resolution)
- Group counseling (Transition Groups, Friendship Groups)
- Individual student services (support academic, personal/social, career goals)
- I.E. Concurrent enrollment, academic support, social skill building
- Partner with College Advisor to assist college application process and development of
- Issue SAT and ACT Fee Waivers
- Provide referrals to additional services or outside support as necessary
Indirect Student Services – 20% of time spent
- Transcript audits & progress monitoring of all learners
- Submit GPAs annually for Cal Grant financial aid
- University of California Course List Management
- Master Schedule collaboration and implementation of schedule changes and classroom balancing
- Partnership with Alameda Family Services and the School-Based Health Center
- Counselor collaboration with Alameda Community Learning Center for District policies
The Nea Community Learning Center School Counseling Program abides by the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) Ethical Standards for School Counselors.