Nea’s Upper Village School Counselor will operate from a solution-focused approach to have learners working towards solutions for their academic, social/emotional, and career needs.
Nea’s School Counselors will strive to provide a comprehensive program to support students of diverse backgrounds reach their fullest potential as well-rounded individuals and lifelong learners.
Nea’s Upper Village School Counselors will deliver comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program in alignment with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model.
Direct Student Services – 80% of time spent will be in direct service
School Counseling Core Curriculum
- 6-8 – Guidance lessons to prepare for college-bound academics
- 9-12 – Guidance lessons to connect academics to careers
School Support Services
- Coordinate data-informed multi-tiered, multi-domain systems of support for those who need intervention
- Implement master schedule for when/where all facilitators/learners are at all times
- 504 Accommodation Plan management/ IEP Counseling Caseload
- Coordinate with College Advisor to host College Info Nights, Mission Admission Application Assistance
- Responsive Services to meet individual needs
- Individual counseling (crisis management, conflict resolution)
- Group counseling (Transition/Loss Groups, Friendship Groups)
- Individual student services (support academic, personal/social, career goals)
- I.E. Concurrent enrollment, academic support, social skill building
- Partner with College Advisor to assist college application process and development of college-focused programs
- School Counselor Letters of Recommendation & transcript submission
- Issue SAT and ACT Fee Waivers
- Provide referrals to additional services or outside support as necessary
Indirect Student Services – 20% of time spent
- Transcript audits & progress monitoring of all learners
- Submit GPAs annually for Cal Grant financial aid
- University of California Course List Management
- Master Schedule collaboration and implementation of schedule changes and classroom balancing
- Partner with Alameda Family Services
- Counselor collaboration with Alameda Community Learning Center for District policies
The Nea Community Learning Center School Counseling Program abides by the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) Ethical Standards for School Counselors.