HOW TO TAKE COLLEGE CLASSES
Review the Benefits & Things to Consider page if you have not taken a class before.
The Peralta Community Colleges
Note about sciences: If you're planning on taking a challenging college course for Chemistry or Biology in lieu of taking it here at Nea, you will need to enroll in an Intro to Chem (Chem 30A) or Intro to Bio (BIO 10) class instead of Chem 1A or Bio 1A.
Peralta Academic Calendar - Important Dates & Deadlines
- Register online to enroll as a student.
- Create an OpenCCC Account (This process takes about 30 minutes & you only need to create this once. Keep this login information email for future reference.)
- After that has been created, select Complete Application to the campus of your choice.
- You'll need to re-apply if you have not taken a class in the last semester.
- See High School Enrollment Information for a detailed explanation.
- >>>Click Here to Search for Classes
- For class descriptions, click on the link with the course number or refer to the corresponding College Course Catalog here.
- Please make sure to only sign up for classes that are transferable to UCs/CSUs. Learners cannot take classes with codes over 250.
- Select the correct semester (Spring 2020) and Show Open Classes Only
- Find an OPEN class you are interested in that does not conflict with your current classes.
- High School students are not allowed to sign-up for the waitlist for a class.
- Please fill out the following:
- Email your completed PDF to Ms. Dezaree
- Ms. Dezaree will complete the Enrollment Form and put it in the front office for pick up.
- Have your Parent/Guardian sign and approve the course you are requesting.
- Take signed and completed Enrollment form to the College Admissions Office to enroll. If you're taking classes at multiple colleges (i.e., College of Alameda and Laney College), you may register for all classes at the same time at any Admissions Office.
- If you take an online class, please be sure to check your Peralta account for your Peralta e-mail to receive instructor information for the course's online site.
- Located in Los Altos Hills, CA - They have many online courses
- Foothill College is on the Quarter System. Classes start 1/6
- Many of our learners take a Digital Painting or the Typography class online as an introduction to college classes.
- Here's the Winter 2020 Schedule
- Complete the OpenCCC Application and apply to Foothill
- Complete the Concurrent Enrollment Form here with the specific course information.
- Email your completed PDF to Ms. Dezaree and it will be returned to you with a digital signature and an electronic copy of your transcript.
- Have your Parent/Guardian sign and approve the course you are requesting either digitally or scan your document or request to have Ms. Dezaree scan it.
- Email your completed form (include your name and CWID) to email@example.com.
It is the student's responsibility to add their courses in their Myportal after submitting the high school dual enrollment permission documentation.
How to add a class:
- Log in to Myportal
- Click Apps
- Click Student Registration
- Click Add/drop class
- Select Foothill Winter 2020(correct school & term) from the drop-down
- Click Submit
- Enter the CRN for the course
- Click Submit changes
Please email me if you have any questions or concerns. Schedule an appointment for an Academic Check-in with me if you need support.